Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 27, 2009

Pinocchio (1940)
I don't remember how much I like this movie until I watch it. It's sort of like a lost Disney movie for me (not to be confused with the actual lost Disney movie, The Black Cauldron, which I don't really like). I would say it is the most moral-heavy of the Disney movies, but it is so in a way that's so innocent that you can't really hold it against it. The animation is stunning and the film gave birth to what would become the theme song for everything Disney - "When You Wish Upon a Star." There are two very disturbing and upsetting scenes in the film, first when Lampwick transforms into a donkey and second when Pinocchio is lying in the water after the wave washes them all ashore. These two only go to show how sanitized and censored Disney movies became the later they were made.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment