Friday, January 1, 2010

December 31, 2009

Up in the Air (2009)
Lauren described this to me as happy but slightly depressing and I think she's right. George Clooney is amazing to watch as always - he manages to make his character's isolationist attitude heartbreaking instead of off-putting. It's listed as a comedy, but the unwanted dose of realism at the end makes it walk the fine line between comedy and drama. The supporting cast is great, though I wish we had seen more of Zach Galifianakis (who am I kidding - there should always be more Zach Galifianakis) and JK Simmons. Anna Kendrick was okay, but I think that Vera Farmiga was better. Unfortunately, they may end up splitting the Golden Globe vote, leading to a win by one of the other nominees. Happy New Year, everyone!
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment