Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 29, 2010

Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)
I figured since I watched Ed Wood, I should follow it up with the movie that made the real Ed Wood famous (or rather infamous). This has been dubbed the worst movie ever made and boy is that true. It's one of those that's so terrible it's almost good - you can see the strings on the "UFOs" that fly over Hollywood (that are clearly two paper plates glued together and painted silver), the cardboard headstones fall over if anyone walks too close, and when star Bela Lugosi died halfway through filming, they got a body double who walks around with a cape covering half of his face to finish his scenes (though I suppose that it is notable that this was Bela Lugosi's last film). The writing is terrible, the acting is terrible, and poor Ed Wood thought that he was making a masterpiece. Half of the movie is pieced together stock footage. I have to give this three stars, mostly out of morbid amusement.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment