Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 9, 2010

Leap Year (2010)
I think I may have lost my ability to tell if a movie is good or not if Matthew Goode is in it. He's so distracting (not that that's a bad thing). But Kat and Anna have assured me that this was a pretty good movie. There's nothing surprising about it - everything plays out just as you expect it to - but if as long as you go into it knowing that, it's fun. The Ireland locations are beautiful, though none of the scenes that supposedly took place in Boston looked like Boston. There are only really two recognizable buildings in Boston - the Hancock tower and the Pru - and neither made an appearance. Not a great way to establish location. My question about the movie is, when is this supposed to take place? Back in 2008? Two years from now in 2012? 2010 isn't a leap year, guys.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment