Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 16, 2010

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
#68 on my Top 100 List
This is most people's favorite Indy film and though I understand why, the fun romp that is Raiders is still my favorite. But there are some absolutely wonderful things going on in this movie! Sean Connery as Dr. Henry Jones, Indy's strict academic dad, is great and there are some fantastic one-liners ("The pen, Henry!" "He chose...poorly" and "The Ark of the Covenant/Are you sure?/Pretty sure" being some of the best). This one returns to the form put forth by Raiders, featuring the return of Salah and pitting Indy against the Nazis who are once again trying to steal important biblical artifacts. Instead of the powerfully destructive Ark of the Covenant, this time they're after the mythical Holy Grail and its promise of immortality. I sort of wish that we had never learned the secret behind the name Indiana, but oh well.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment