Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010

Almost Famous (2000)
This is only sort of a biopic, since Cameron Crowe fictionalized his real life experiences, but it's close enough. It was different than what I was expecting (though I'm not really sure what I was expecting) but I really liked this movie. Kate Hudson and Billy Crudup were fantastic - I think that both are highly under-appreciated as actors (especially after Billy Crudup's performance in Watchmen and Kate Hudson's in Nine this past year). It's almost a road movie masquerading as an insider film, where the main character is more important than the plot (it does have a plot though, which is important and overlooked in favor of characterization in some instances). The rock stars and groupies are pretty realisticly written, which led to Cameron Crowe's Oscar win. Also, watch for a very young Jay Baruchel and Rainn Wilson in bit parts.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment