Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 6, 2010

The Princess and the Frog (2009)
All hail Disney's triumphant return to hand-drawn animation!! I'm so happy that this movie exists and that it's so well-done and touching. (By the way - sorry I haven't updated in a while! The website hasn't been letting me in.) Tiana is a fantastic princess in the model of Jasmine or Belle, plus she is the first African-American princess in Disney history. The movie also returns to the traditional Disney form of incorporating musical numbers into the story, taking the lead of The Aristocats and using jazzier songs as opposed to the straight-up "Disney music" style of more recent movies. The most beautiful moment of the film, though, comes toward the end. I'm not going to ruin it for anyone, but for those of you who have seen it - Evangeline.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment