Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 7, 2009

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
#65 on my Top 100 List
Or you can call it Harry Potter and the Movie With The Bad Hair. Seriously, what is up with the hair?? Ron, the twins, Harry, Draco, Neville - practically every guy in the cast was subjected to terrible hair styles. All, of course, except Cedric Diggory. You all remember Robert Pattinson before he was Edward Cullen? If you don't, watch this movie. This is one of those movies that I wish would change every time I watch it. Every time Cedric goes to put his name in the Goblet of Fire, I wish and hope that this time, he won't. And of course, he does. And you all know what happens. One thing I do appreciate about this HP installment, both in the book and the movie, is that the death of you-know-who (not Voldemort) is not drawn out or dramatized or anything. It happens before Harry knows it's happening. It's definitely a dose of realism. This one also seems to incorporate more of life at a boarding school than the previous ones and it's all due to director Mike Newell.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment