Friday, July 31, 2009

July 30, 2009

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (1999)
#76 on my Top 100 List
So many things to say, so little time. The United States is fighting with Canada, parents are killing people over naughty language, and Satan is the most sympathetic character in the whole thing. In fact, during his ballad about desiring to live above ground, the background vocals are provided by the poor souls being tortured in hell. The film references Les Miserables, Patton, The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert, and others, and includes characters from most of South Park thus far. It's song "Blame Canada" was nominated for Best Song and Robin Williams' performance at the Academy Awards was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The Radio City Rockettes come out dressed as mounties! Finally, the movie features one thing that, as far as I know, is a South Park first: Kenny speaks!
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. It's the first time we see what Kenny looks like, not the first time he speaks. He always muffles of course, but it is actually possible to make out what he says on occasion - in the first two seasons of the show's theme song he sings, "I love girls with big fat titties, I love girls with deep vaginas".

    Oh, so vulgar, and yet I still love the show.. (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I meant - he speaks clear of the hood. Such a great show :-)

    ReplyDelete