Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 13, 2009

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
#20 on my Top 100 List
By far my favorite of the Harry Potter movies. I love the new direction that director David Yates takes the series and I'm very happy that (I think) he's staying on to finish out with the adaptation of book six and both parts of seven. Nearly all of my favorite parts of this very long book made it into the film, not least of which Dumbledore's Army and the Weasley twins' spectacular departure from Hogwarts. My one complaint is that there is far too little shown of the actual Order of the Phoenix - especially new characters Nymphadora Tonks and Kingsley Shacklebolt, as well as returning character Remus Lupin. That being said, when they do show up at the battle in the end, it's pretty frakking amazing.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment