Monday, July 27, 2009

July 25, 2009

Ocean's Eleven (2001)
I should warn you that I watched this late at night with a lot of people and I can never, ever watch it again now. But I had seen it before, so I'm going to ignore the things that were said and try to review it from other viewings. So yes, I'll not be mentioning any moustaches or man-crushes on Matt Damon. I haven't been listing remakes as "other adaptations" but I think it's worth noting that this is a remake of the original Rat Pack movie from 1960. The ensemble is great, including Don Cheadle, Casey Affleck, and Bernie Mac alongside the three big names of George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Matt Damon. For a comedy, it's also remarkably hard to figure out how they actually pull off the heist - it definitely requires multiple viewings.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment