Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 29, 2009

The Aristocats (1970)
There seems to be a clear division between Disney's "people movies" (all of the Princess movies, plus movies like Peter Pan, Mulan, and Alice in Wonderland) and the "animal movies" (ie. 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, and Bambi). It also seems like people usually like one group significantly better than the other. I really love all Disney movies, but although The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, I think I am partial to the animal ones. This one follows a family of cats - a departure from the usual dogs or mice, plus a change from cats being the manifestation of evil like in Cinderella - who are kidnapped from their wealthy home and left for dead in the French countryside. Sounds emo, but never fear - an alley cat with a heart of gold is here to save the day, voiced by my all-time favorite Disney voice actor, Phil Harris.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. I started reading this review then got really really confused. Then I looked at the title of the movie and realized it was The Aristocats, not The Aristocrats. Very different.

    ReplyDelete