Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16, 2009

My Sister's Keeper (2009)
Based on a popular book, which I will admit I have never read nor do I plan to read, I was sort of surprised that I liked this movie. I knew that they had changed the ending from the original, so when I got home this afternoon, I looked up the book ending. Way to be emo, Jodi Picoult! I like the movie's ending better. It's still not happy, but it's a different sort of sad. I've been a fan of Abigail Breslin since she was a little kid in Signs and she does a nice job in this movie. Cameron Diaz and Alec Baldwin and the rest of the cast are okay, but Breslin and the girl who plays her sister dying of cancer are the real stars. I cried through most of the movie, but it's one of those that you really have to be tough not to.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment