Monday, November 30, 2009

November 29, 2009

The Men Who Stare At Goats (2009)
As a general rule, the only movie reviewers that I trust are the ones from or Entertainment Weekly and Variety. EW hated this movie and Variety loved it, so I had to see it for myself, more out of curiosity about who was right than anything else. Overall, I'm giving it a resounding "eh." I adore Kevin Spacey and seeing Ewan McGregor in a film where they're constantly calling themselves Jedi Warriors was pretty funny (at least to me), but the film tries so hard to be quirky and hilarious that it suffocates itself. There were definitely funny scenes and the fact that it's supposedly based on a true story at least makes it interesting, but it would have done better just to let the tone flow naturally instead of trying to force it.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment