Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 21, 2009

An Education (2009)
I don't think that it's intentional, but something about Peter Sarsgaard's performance in this movie is creepy. Although, it is about a much older man dating a girl in high school, so maybe it is intended to be creepy. Either way, everything about this movie works for me. All of the performances are amazing, the costumes are flawless (enough to make Kat and I wish we could be Londoners in the 60s so that we could wear those black and white dresses), and the story is great. It's based on a memoir, which I now feel that I need to read, since I know some of this is always fictionalized. Emma Thompson and Olivia Williams steal every scene they're in. It wasn't quite good enough to make my Top 100 list, but just barely.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment