Monday, November 16, 2009

November 15, 2009

The English Patient (1996)
As good as Ralph Fiennes is at playing really creepy villains, this movie reminds us of how good he is at playing gorgeous romantic leads. The story is told through three parallel stories, which gets a little confusing since multiple characters appear in different timelines, but it all works itself out in the end. The cast is amazing, from Naveen Andrews (Sayid on Lost) and Willem Dafoe to Colin Firth and Kristen Scott Thomas - they're all wonderful, though Juliette Binoche is the only one to win an Oscar for her role. The first time I saw this I wasn't a fan, but I'm pretty sure that I was too young to appreciate how beautiful and epic it is. Think of it as Lawrence of Arabia except stuff actually happens.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment