Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bonus Midnight Movie

New Moon (2009)
I'll admit it - I'm a closet Twilighter. I know that the books aren't great books and that the messages they send are a little iffy, but the books and movies are just so much fun! I think that the change in director was beneficial to the series, as Catherine Hardwicke was just a little too inexperienced to have taken on such a huge franchise. There were far fewer technical problems with this film. The wolves left a little to be desired, but after the tragedy that was the werewolf in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, I'm inclined to give anyone else the benefit of the doubt. The characters are much more developed in this movie - each vampire isn't only identifiable by one character trait (Emmett is strong! Jasper's in pain! Alice is weird!) like the first one. They have more rounded personalities. I think that all of the actors have improved a lot, especially Taylor Lautner, and the entire movie is worth it to watch Carlisle Cullen looking gorgeous as he stitches up Bella's arm after her ill-fated birthday party. Rawr!
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment