Thursday, May 27, 2010

63. May 25/27, 2010 - Empire Records (1995)

I think this is another movie that I missed by watching too late in life. I do appreciate the hijinks that ensue over the course of one out of the ordinary day at a small independent record store (I have had several jobs where my co-workers and I had spectacular days similar to, though not as outrageous as, the one in the movie) and I think that the movie has funny moments. That being said, my go-to teen movies on the 90s are always going to be Clueless and Can't Hardly Wait. Also, I have never seen any workplace where the employees' area was as nice as that.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

1 comment:

  1. I always found this movie to be just a very minor, forgettable 90s flick that played off the popularity of films like Dazed and Confused and Clerks but wasn't grounded the way either of those were.

    ReplyDelete