Sunday, May 2, 2010

48. April 29/May 1, 2010 - Stranger Than Fiction (2006)

I meant not to spread movies out over two days that fall in different months, because I don't really like the way it looks in the entry title, but oh well. This is really the only non-comedic role that I've seen Will Farrell in, and despite the popular opinion that he carries this film, I wasn't too impressed. Granted, I don't think that movies like Talladega Nights are very good, but at least in those kinds of roles, he has life in him. Here he plays Harold Crick like a zombie - even when he learns that his imaginary narrator is going to kill him off, he doesn't do much more than blink and say, "Oh no." Give us a reaction, Will! The supporting cast is okay, though Queen Latifah's character feels unnecessary and Emma Thompson takes the disturbed writer character a little far. Tony Hale's brief appearance is great, though I find it hard to think of him as anyone other than Buster Bluth.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment