Wednesday, May 26, 2010

62. May 24/25, 2010 - Dan in Real Life (2007)

Well, I've been diagnosed with mono, so I think I'll probably be watching a lot of movies in the next week or so, but the entries may be a little slower coming. It's hard to get up the energy to write them. Anyway, this movie was okay - entertaining, but also really sad in some spots. And honestly, I am all for creating realistic characters, but very realistic teenage girl characters are not endearing - they're annoying. Or, at least these two are. Seriously, "You're a murderer of love"?? And whining and moping for two days because you weren't allowed to drive on the highway? Shut up, girls.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

2 comments:

  1. This kind of movie is what I refer to as chocolate bar movies, they taste good but don't change your life because you know that there will be another one just as tasty whenever you feel like it. Still I really like Steve Carrell in this. It was his first performance where I thought, if he wanted to be, he could be the next Steve Martin. Now he just needs to find a film on the level of Parenthood and he'd be all set.

    ReplyDelete