Monday, May 17, 2010

60. May 10/16, 2010 - Gattaca (1997)

First of all, I love the title of this film. I think that it's clever to find a string in the human genome that forms something close to a word and then name the company after it. Most of the plot is based on the idea that Ethan Hawke and Jude Law look enough alike to pass for the same person, which I don't totally buy, but the lengths at which they go to sell the deception are pretty cool to watch. Though it was made nearly 15 years ago, the slightly-futuristic feel is still intact - it doesn't feel dated. And is that the same beach that was made so famous 50 years ago by From Here to Eternity?
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. While I loved the way they made it feel both old-school and futuristic, like a 1950's version of the future, I have serious qualms about the nature of their space program.

    ReplyDelete