Friday, May 7, 2010

53. May 6, 2010 - Iron Man 2 (2010)

This entry might be a little spoilerish. You have been warned!

I suppose this was technically the 7th, since it was a midnight showing. This one definitely has a different feel than the first - it is loud and over-the-top and holds nothing back, much like Tony Stark now does since the whole world knows his secret and the device that keeps him alive is also slowly killing him. You'd have issues too, if that was pressing on your mind all the time. Mickey Rourke is absolutely perfect as bad-guy Whiplash and I suppose Sam Rockwell is perfect as Justin Hammer, since usually I like him and I really wanted to punch Hammer in the face every second he was onscreen. I agree with the one review I read that the birthday party scene was unnecessary, though the ensuing scuffle between Iron Man and War Machine is awesome. War Machine in general is awesome - I really appreciate the subtle differences in his suit compared to Tony's. Also, the banter between them mid-battle is pretty hilarious. Terrance Howard may have been a good Rhodey, but Don Cheadle is a fantastic War Machine. Stay tuned, of course, for the stinger after the credits. It's important.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. Hey man - not had a chance to read the content of your blog yet -- just reading the header up the top, but tell me-- don't you ever get film watching fatique?

    well done on watching so many though!

    ReplyDelete