Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 20, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
Maybe it's because I have no real sentimental attachment to the book or maybe it's because the expectations for this movie were ridiculously high, but either way, I was a little disappointed. It wasn't the acting or the production design or anything like that - just that to adapt a book that consists of ten sentences into a feature-length film, you have to add in a lot of story and I think that the story that was added was a little thin. That being said, I loved the look of the film - the Wild Things were amazing in how much they mirrored the original illustration and I loved that Max's wolf costume was such a part of the film (since it's such a part of the book). The way that the story is told here is really depressing, where in the book it's a lot lighter, but that wasn't really anything I had an issue with.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment