Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 19, 2009

Hocus Pocus (1993)
I adore this movie. Seriously - it's fun and funny and includes delightful performances from everyone in the cast. I would say that I think it's Sarah Jessica Parker's best work. Watching Penny and Gary Marshall (brother and sister fyi) play feuding spouses who have a run-in with the reincarnated witches is a tiny bit creepy, but mostly tongue-in-cheek funny. Thora Birch, who played Jane in American Beauty, is great as the little girl in the most imminent danger from the Sanderson sisters and Sean Murray, otherwise known on McGee on NCIS, is appropriately heartbreaking as the ghost of Thackery Binx - a colonial Salem boy who failed to save his little sister from the witches before they were killed. My only question is where did they film it? I've been to Salem and it certainly doesn't look like that.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment: