Monday, September 28, 2009

September 26, 2009

The Garden (2008)
I cannot fathom why in the world this didn't win Best Documentary last year, because it's one of the most affecting docs I've seen in a long time. I was absolutely enraged after watching it and hearing the story about the 14-acre urban garden in Los Angeles that was threatened and (spoiler!) ultimately destroyed by a developer. I have very definite feelings about said developer, which I will not share here, but you can probably guess what they are. This lost to Man on Wire, which I thought was pretty boring. I don't understand that decision at all.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

* Remember that my Top 100 list is only for fictional films - although this would definitely be on there if I included documentaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment