Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 10, 2009

The Cove (2009)
Wow. I don't know what to think after watching this movie. It's a heavily-slanted story about the annual mass slaughter of dolphins and whales in a single lagoon in Japan and as with every polarizing documentary, it cares little for both sides of the story. That being said, I can't imagine how the fishermen would defend themselves and their actions. Watching this makes me never want to go anywhere where they keep tame dolphins ever again. The aerial shot of the killing cove running bright red with dolphin blood is one that stays with you for a very long time. My only question was, how do they keep sharks out of the cove with that much blood in the water? Oscar Nominations aren't even out, but if this doesn't get nominated and win, something is very wrong.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment