Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 12, 2009

Highlander (1986)
I was hoping that Sean Connery would be the one bright spot in this ridiculous muck of a movie, but not even he could make it better. It's too bad, too, because I think the central idea behind the story had potential: an immortal being from the Highlands of Scotland, circa 1500s, is still around in 1980s New York and must do battle with his mortal enemy. This was trashed by bad acting, amateur special effects, and grainy and dark cinematography. I considered not finishing it at all and choosing a different film for yesterday, but it was late and I wanted to go to bed, so instead of having wasted twenty minutes, I just suffered through it.
My Netflix rating: 2 stars

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaahahahaahaha. Highlander. If you want to feel like the first one is a piece of cinematic gold, watch the second one. It's far far worse. The third one is almost decent when compared to the first two, and features Mario Van Peebles finest performance.

    ReplyDelete