Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10, 2009

(500) Days of Summer (2009)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are adorable each by themselves - together it's almost an overload. Even if this movie was terrible (which is definitely wasn't), it would be enough to watch these two talented actors play off of each other. I read somewhere that this is like an updated version of Annie Hall - I agree, but I also think it's better. Of course, I also hate Annie Hall. This is a sweet and quirky story about a boy and a girl who fall in love, sort of, and the good times and the bad times of their relationship. It's just like Annie Hall, but without the whining and the self-deprecating and the neurotic annoyance that is Woody Allen. All in all, a fun and adorable movie that makes you happy when you leave. Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character is named Tom Hanson. Is there anyone besides me, Anna, and Lauren who finds that incredibly funny?
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. So I missed the half-way point as I was enroute back home from California. Congratulations on your success in completing the 1st 1/2 of the year of watching a Movie-A-Day! Great dedication to this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete