Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 27, 2009

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
#81 on my Top 100 List
Like Sorcerer's Stone, I saw this movie before I read the book. However, after this, I read all of the rest of the books, breaking my own rule for the first time. (The second time is with Twilight, where I watched the first movie, then read all four books.) I really love this movie installment, though the book is not one of my favorites. Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart stole the movie for me - I adore him in everything he does, but his portrayal of Lockhart is just genius. This story is much more alive for me than the first one. It also marks Sean Biggerstaff's last appearance as Oliver Wood, though maybe we can hope for number seven???
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment