Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25, 2009

I Confess (1953)
Hitchcock has always been good at portraying the gray areas and this movie brings that to light in a big way. A priest hears confession that a man who works in the rectory has killed a man, only to find himself the prime suspect in the crime. He can't clear his name without breaking his vow and what follows is an example of how innocent people have their names dragged through the mud in the pursuit of justice. Hitch had two very distinct kinds of films: chilling suspense that was almost horror (like Psycho and Rebecca) and more mellow suspense that was plot and character driven (like this or The Wrong Man). Though I tend to like the horror ones better - who am I kidding? I love them all.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment