Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7, 2009

Star Trek (2009)
#92 on my Top 100 List
Before this movie, I had never seen any version of Star Trek either in film or TV and was going into it knowing nothing. So far, it's my favorite movie of 2009, second only to Coraline (and not by very much). It's similar to Iron Man in that it's a great kick-start to the summer - it's fun, it's fast-paced, hot men abound, and it doesn't leave you with a crushing feeling of depression when you leave (I'm looking at you, The Dark Knight). The entire crew of the Enterprise was perfectly cast, from adorable Anton Yelchin as Chekov to Zachary Quinto as Spock, although when the character gets mad, Quinto seems to slip back into Sylar-mode. It's okay, I love him anyway. Bring on the sequels!
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment