Friday, May 1, 2009

May 1, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
I truly love the X-Men universe. I love the characters and the storylines (no matter how hard they are to keep straight sometimes). The trailers for this made me a little wary - how could Wolverine have run into Cyclops before the events of the first X-Men movie and yet not remember him later? - but they mostly pulled it together in the end. All of the movies mess around with the original stories, but as long as you know that going in, it isn't too bad. The one that I had the biggest problem with was, since when are Silverfox and White Queen sisters? Liev Schreiber, Hugh Jackman, and especially Taylor Kitsch are awesome (and gorgeous) to watch. There are several other great performances, but unfortunately they suffer from too little screen time. Watch for a great cameo toward the end of someone we're all familiar with.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment