Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 4, 2009

The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
#99 on my Top 100 List
In the 81 years of Best Picture winners, nearly every genre (with the notable exception of animated) of film has won at least once. While this is not the only horror film to be nominated for the big prize, it's the only one ever to win. This is Anthony Hopkins at his finest, creating one of the scariest villains of all time. What makes Hannibal Lecter so dangerous that he must be restrained at all times? Don't worry - he shows you. That sound he makes after describing an unusual dinner accompanied by fava beans and Chianti makes my skin crawl every time. There were some continuity issues between this and Red Dragon, but seeing as how the prequel was made 11 years later, I can forgive them.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. This is still too scary for me to watch. . . even moreso after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete