Monday, May 18, 2009

May 17, 2009

The Little Mermaid (1989)
#7 on my Top 100 List
Here we are, my 100th day of movies! (I know there are 102 entries, but the first one is just the introduction and the Watchmen entry is a bonus midnight one.) So far it's been extraordinarily fun, though tough sometimes to make sure I get a whole movie in a day (like last Friday night when I got home late from seeing Star Trek again and still had to watch another movie because Star Trek couldn't count twice). I figured I should pick something special to mark 100 days, so I chose this: my favorite Disney movie of all time. I think that The Little Mermaid was the beginning of Disney's second Golden Age - it includes amazing songs and music, a proactive heroine, a handsome prince, and an ending that manages to unite two utterly different worlds. I could watch it over and over again.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching 100 days of this quest! You go girl!!!!! And this movie is one of the best - especially for how scary they made Ursula and how great the music is!

    ReplyDelete