Wednesday, December 15, 2010

165. December 14, 2010 - Enchanted (2007)

This is one of those feel-good movies that sometimes you just need to watch. Especially when you're sick and have been rendered pretty much unable to talk. Amy Adams is a wonderful actress - she is whimsical and utterly charming in this but can easily shift and play damaged, bitter characters at the opposite end of the spectrum (since really, Disney princesses are about as opposite from real life as you can possibly get). I also think that the little girl playing Morgan is adorable. The "Happy Working Song" sequence still grosses me out with the rats and cockroaches and ugly rats with wings (aka pigeons) but it IS catchy. And I absolutely adore "So Close."

Original thoughts, from my birthday on my Mexican cruise, are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment