Saturday, December 11, 2010

162. December 10, 2010 - Love and Other Drugs (2010)

This is a charming movie that ultimately wins because it doesn't try to be anything that it's not. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a quirky romantic comedy, since there isn't much out of the ordinary or strange plot devices. I was actually expecting them to take the one plot device that they DID have in a whole different direction. I'm not sure if I'm happy that they didn't go that way, since that would border on cliche, or critical because that's a flaw in the writing. Regardless, Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway have pretty good chemistry (which throws back to Brokeback Mountain, where I actually believed them as a couple more than Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams who were an actual couple) and it's a solid chick flick.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. Crazy! I met Mr. Ledger and Miss Williams on the set of BBM and they were so in love. Just a normal, wonderful couple. So ordinary and really goo goo eyed with one another. You have no idea. I am a chick and as much as I like Mr Gyllenhaal and Miss Hathaway I did not like this movie at all. They have no chemistry at all. The movie was a giant downer.

    ReplyDelete