Wednesday, October 20, 2010

133. October 19, 2010 - Never Let Me Go (2010)

Here, I broke my cardinal rule and read the book before I saw the movie. The book is mysterious and creepy, keeping you on edge all the way past the point where they literally sit the characters down and explain everything. The movie gives away the secret in the very beginning. Actually, it gives it away in the trailer. The tone of the story shifts away from creepy and goes to gray and emo. Totally wrong. However, besides the tone, the story kept a very tight hold on the book. Keira Knightly can absolutely not rock those bangs they gave her, though I was impressed by how subtly venomous she was as Ruth. They matched the child actors to the adult actors phenomenally with Ruth and Kathy, but not well at all with Tommy. I could see nominations for acting, maybe cinematography, but that's really it.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment