Sunday, October 3, 2010

124. October 1, 2010 - The Social Network (2010)

When I first heard that there was a movie being made about Facebook, I was concerned that there wasn't enough of a story to make it interesting. Of course, I had forgotten about all the drama and litigation that went with its creation (which I remember firsthand, since I was across the river at BU while it was all going on. And no, not all BU girls are bitches). None of the characters are particularly sympathetic, but David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin make the sympathetic character Facebook itself. It has become so much a part of our daily lives that we can connect to it as the center of the movie. The acting is fantastic and the writing is flawless, as only Aaron Sorkin can do. And thank you, Mark Zuckerberg, for giving Facebook to BU before BC.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment