Wednesday, September 15, 2010

122. September 15, 2010 - Letters to Juliet (2010)

I very much enjoy Amanda Seyfried as an actress. I think that she has come a long way since Mean Girls (and I'm not just saying that because I used to live in the same apartment complex), but I question her most recent choice of films. This and Dear John are two of the most saccharine films I've seen come out in a long time. That being said, there is a fascinating story that comes out of this movie and it has nothing to do with the plot. Apparently, the whole story about Juliet's secreteries who reply to letters sent to Juliet herself is true. Heartbroken women from all over the world send their woes in letter form to Shakespeare's most famous heroine and both men and women from Verona volunteer their time to reply to each and every one that they get. To me, that is a far more touching story than anything presented in the movie.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment