Saturday, September 4, 2010

113. September 4, 2010 - James and the Giant Peach (1996)

Roald Dahl had some issues, didn't he? However, if anyone was going to do his subtly-twisted stories justice, it's Tim Burton (hey, even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory had some redeeming qualities). The blend of live-action and stop-motion animation (which you all know I'm a sucker for) is seemless, though the backdrop that the live-action portions take place against is a little too fake-looking for me. It always surprises me when Tim Burton makes movies for Disney - I'm sure that they make him tone down some of his wilder influences - but it's nice when this movie takes some time out of the weirdness to give the audience a nice traditional Disney musical moment.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment