Monday, July 12, 2010

91. July 10, 2010 - Eclipse (2010)

I am a good friend, which means I will watch this a third time with someone who hasn't seen it. It's interesting, actually, because I notice new things each time. For instance, I have finished the book again since I saw this the first two times, and most of the cringeworthy dialogue in the film is actually word for word from the text. It's also incredibly obvious that the film's composer was Howard Shore - parts of the score sound identical to Lord of the Rings. I continue to be very impressed with Dakota Fanning as a vampire and Catalina Sandino Moreno as Maria is fantastic. I wish we could have seen more of her. Usually I don't like recasts, but Bryce Dallas Howard is actually closer to how Victoria is described in the book, so I guess I can't complain all that much.

First and second entries are here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment