Sunday, July 11, 2010

90. July 8/9, 2010 - Team America: World Police (2004)

First and foremost, this movie entirely features marionettes. With all of the puppetry done by hand. It almost doesn't matter how good or bad the film is - I was sold then and there. Of course, I also discovered that the movie is pretty hysterical. I honestly don't think that the goal was to deliver a political message one way or the other. It's just supposed to be funny and make some well-aimed jabs at certain people or institutions along the way. The Matt Damon doll made it into my paper on how those with special needs are represented in our popular culture, too. The unrated version doesn't include anything extra except a few disturbing additions to the puppet sex scene. Yes - two anatomically-INcorrect marionettes do in fact go at it. For a long time. You have been warned.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment