Friday, April 9, 2010

34. April 7, 2010 - Clash of the Titans (2010)

First of all, the title here is a little misleading - the film starts out with a voiceover telling the story of the Titans and how they were defeated by Zeus and the other Olympian Gods, but there are no Titans in the film at all. Because they were defeated by said Gods. So then, how exactly do they clash? This is a lot like Jennifer's Body - it's actually a terrible movie but it's so much fun to watch and get sucked in to that you barely notice. I automatically compare a lot of it to Percy Jackson, since that is my favorite pop culture adaptation of Greek mythology, but this stands up. I do like Uma Thurman as Medusa in Percy Jackson much better than the weird snake-creature that this one has and I didn't really appreciate that Zeus's armor shone and dazzled in the bright white Olympian light almost to the point where you couldn't see him, but I do get what they were trying to do.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment