Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2009

Clueless (1995)
#85 on my Top 100 List
One of the defining teen movies of a generation and one of the most quotable movies of the 90s. I love this film. It doesn't hurt that it's a modern version of Jane Austen's Emma. I noticed the famous fountain (you know - "Oh my God, I love Josh!") when I lived in Los Angeles (it's on the corner of Wilsher and Santa Monica boulevards) and it became something of a famous landmark. You'd think that a film like this would feel dated, but it has somehow managed to withstand the test of time to remain one of the most enjoyable comedies around. Look for a young Breckin Meyer as the school stoner who steals Brittany Murphy's heart and Paul Rudd as Cher's adorable ex-step-brother.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment