Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Wolfman (2010)

Netflix DVD over 2/13/11 and 2/15/11
Well, if you people feel that it's absolutely necessary to remake the classic Universal monster movies, at least with this one you avoided the CGI Werewolf Trap. (For examples of the CGI Werewolf Trap, see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or New Moon.) While I am against remaking these films (I'm pretending that the impending remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon is an elaborate lie), the design of the werewolf in this film is nearly identical to the original Lon Chaney, Jr. design. He looks like a man who's sprouted wolf hair and fangs - not some bad amalgamation of human and canine. Honestly, this movie was much better than I was expecting. Geraldine Chaplin is great as the Gypsy woman (I'm surprised she's still alive). I doubt, though, that Emily Blunt could run through the woods like that in that dress - stays are killer.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

New Movies in Year Three: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment