Friday, August 6, 2010

99. August 1, 2010 - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)

Somehow, I have made it 26 years old without having seen this movie until now. Once I got past the very odd speech pattern that Bill and Ted both have (and that took me awhile), I really enjoyed this. The special effects are definitely 80s bad, but those kinds of things are forgivable in stuff like this. No one is watching this film for the special effects. The roundabout timeline that the time traveling phone booth provides works in a quirky and goofy way and watching the historical figures trying to navigate the "real world" (as real as a mall in the 80s was) is pretty funny. If anyone gave a presentation like that in a class I was teaching, they would certainly get an A.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment