Tuesday, August 10, 2010

102. August 9, 2010 - Inception (2010)

I feel like maybe I shouldn't write this entry on the same day as seeing the movie, because I'm not sure that I've totally processed it yet. Strictly from a writing standpoint, I can't even imagine how it must have been to try to keep the multiple layers of story going (up to four levels of dreamstates at some points, each with their own timelines and plots going on simultaneously). I do think that the characters and the audience's ability to sympathize with them suffer a bit for the sake of the concept that the story is based on, but it's still an engaging film. I'm still not sure how I interpret the ending, or even how I want to interpret it. Both options contribute to the story, just taking it in very different directions. And oh, how Leo still looks like he's 12!
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment