Friday, October 9, 2009

October 8, 2009

Signs (2002)
#54 on my Top 100 List
Good God, Abigail Breslin was adorable in this movie! She was only six when it was released and for a child that young, her performance is great. This movie is about crop circles, which - like ghost ships - are creepy enough to begin with. Add to that M. Night Shyamalan (back when he was making good movies) and you have a very disturbing film. It's suspenseful from the very beginning, and though the end is unnecessary and bad, I don't think it negates how good the rest of the film is. Even though they look nothing alike, Joaquin Pheonix, Mel Gibson, Abigail Breslin, and Rory Culkin totally sell me on being a family and the scene where they're hiding in the foyer as the aliens break into the second floor of their house is one of my favorites.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment