Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
I was different from the rest of my friends in that they've all read this book and I haven't. After all, you know my feelings on reading the book first. There has been much discussion since the trailer first came out about a lot of things - did the movie look cheesy like The Notebook? Did the trailer give too much away? Was it cast well? So I was really intrigued to see this, to say the least. Overall, I thought it was well done. I'm not a huge fan of Rachel McAdams, but she wasn't terrible. Despite the movie's title, it didn't really feel like the story was about her - it was more about Eric Bana's time traveling character (who, by the way, can't travel with his clothes, which means he reappears in the past or future naked - unfortunate for him, but fortunate for me and every other woman in the audience). I can only imagine how confusing it must have been for him to play the part, since he shows up at so many different ages through the film. He carried his part well and I felt that the little girl who played Alba did too. I'm looking forward to reading the book now, since I've been assured that much was left out of the movie.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment