Friday, August 14, 2009

August 13, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
First of all, I'm greatly amused that they actually put in the credits that this film was based on a toy series. Long live '80s toys! I don't really remember the first Transformers, but this one was enjoyable. I know that a lot has been written and said recently about the robot twins - racist, not racist, I don't know. Not the point of this entry. I like the idea in this one of the Autobots working alongside a super top secret US Government task force, though the whole concept of the Great Pyramid at Giza actually being a secret Decepticon machine capable of wiping out the sun is a little much for me. Overall, I was surprisingly entertained by the whole thing. The end sequence in Egypt actually reminded me a lot of the battle scenes in Black Hawk Down, except, you know, with giant robots. And let's be honest - the cultural vocabulary of America is that much better for having the word "decepticon" included in it.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment